SAP S/4 HANA is emerging as one of the leading platforms for enterprise planning and transformation. A typical S/4 implementation impacts a significant end-user population, and enabling these end-users on new/modified processes and new enterprise software is a key success factor for the implementation. A carefully designed training solution, with an optimal blend of training interventions, is critical to ensure that end-users are adequately enabled on the new processes and software.
We, at Learning Solutions Group (part of the Talent and Organization horizontal in Infosys Consulting), have significant experience in designing and developing training solutions for several SAP implementations. We have end-to-end experience spanning across Consulting, Training Needs Analysis, Training Solution Design and Training Content Development across industry verticals. We have experience in delivering end-user training services on functional areas like Source-To-Pay, Order-To-Cash, Record-To-Report and so on.
Our multi-disciplinary team, including Instructional Designers, Creative Designers and Learning Consultants, leverage their experience and skills to design and develop custom training solutions for our clients. Custom training interventions typically involve a blend of training interventions like Instructor-Led-Training (ILT), Virtual ILT, e-Learning, and videos.
We have also successfully leveraged SAP Enable Now Digital Adoption Platform, which is becoming increasingly popular these days, to develop in-application help for end-users. This enables “here and now” training and instructions to end-users, which allows for sustainable end-user adoption of the SAP platform.
Advanced performance support via digital adoption tools like SAP Enable Now
When a company is about to undergo significant organizational changes by implementing new digital technology, e.g., an ERP software, then a comprehensive end-user training strategy becomes an essential component of an Organizational Change Management plan. End-user training positively impacts both ERP implementation success and organizational performance.
Typically, employees learn about a new enterprise software in a formal training event, for example, a series of structured courses (instructor-led or self-directed). Post the formal training, employees are supported with some Performance Support framework. Conventionally, for the post go-live situations, employees refer to printable Quick Reference Manuals, standalone Software Simulations, a network of Change Champions on the work floor, and a Help Desk contact.
Is this Performance Support enough? A recent study reveals that almost 20% of an employee’s time – the equivalent of one day per week – is wasted by employees searching for information to do their job effectively. The solution to this pain point is Digital Adoption Platform (DAP).
The goal of Digital Adoption is to empower employees in the flow of work, by providing In-application Help, embedded within the live Production system of your enterprise software.
With SAP Enable Now, we have authored digital adoption content for various SAP S/4 HANA implementations. The digital adoption content is layered on top of the live enterprise software to guide employees with precise context-sensitive help, such as step-by-step walkthroughs and description/usage of various screen elements. This accelerates employee proficiency and productivity, as employees navigate through complex tasks with ease and accuracy in the new system.
As Digital Adoption provides continuous support to employees, it leads to a drop in the Help Desk queries, reduction in the additional training support costs, and reduction in the onboarding time for new employees. It also develops a continuous learning mindset, as employees learn while they work and work while they learn.
- Rich experience: We have successfully designed and developed solutions for SAP S/4 HANA rollouts for multiple clients.
- Multi-disciplinary team: Our team of specialists – Learning Consultants, Instructional Designers and Creative Designers – come together to design and deploy engaging Learning Solutions.
- Trained and Certified Digital Adoption professionals: We have a team of trained and certified Instructional Designers who are certified on Digital Adoption Platforms like SAP Enable Now.
- SAP Enable Now: We have been working on SAP Enable Now for over 2 years and have experience of developing and deploying multiple training interventions on SAP Enable Now. We have leveraged the technology not just to create e-learning courses, application simulations but also to develop SAP EN guided walkthroughs (in-application help) to guide users through processes.
- Functional Coverage: We have developed training material for most of the commonly implementation functions like Source to Pay, Order to Cash, Record to Report, and Tax.
- Time To Market: Creating training material is typically a time-consuming task, but given our unique skills and experience, we can accelerate the process and develop custom content quickly.
Think of the Learning Solutions Group when
- You are implementing SAP S/4HANA that impacts several end-users.
- The functional impact of the change (processes modified, implemented) is sizeable.
- End-user adoption of the new system is a critical success factor for the implementation.
- Custom role-based training content is required for end-users.
- SAP Enable Now needs to be leveraged for training.
Sachin Jangam, is EU Practice Partner with Infosys Consulting CRL. Sachin is a thought leader in CPG & Retail industry and frequently shares his insights with leading journals and media houses. His commentary on future industry trends, and disruption are well regarded by UK Media. Sachin has delivered multiple strategy engagements across the commercial, supply chain, finance transformation focused on sales effectiveness, operational efficiency. Sachin advises clients on new channel expansion, roadmaps, industry best practices leveraging his digital, core ERP, and cloud expertise.
Venkataraman Krishnan Iyer
Venkataraman Iyer is a Senior Principal in the Learning Solutions Group, Talent & Organization Practice of Infosys Consulting. Venkat has more than 10 years of experience in design and delivery of training solutions for large transformation projects. He has also led learning technology implementation projects for clients across industry verticals. Overall, he has a 25+ years of work experience in the IT industry, in diverse functions like Learning Solutions, Program Management and Quality Processes.
Angad Jadhav is a Principal in the Learning Solutions Group, Talent & Organization Practice of Infosys Consulting. Angad has 14 years of experience to lead multiple training programs to accomplish successful End-User adoption of ERP applications, such as SAP, Oracle, Siebel, Maximo, and Ariba. His core skills include carving out End-User Adoption strategy and execute it. He is a qualified Instructional Designer, Learning and Development Specialist, and a Project Management Professional (PMP). He has been a part of multiple large and complex technology transformation programs across industry verticals, and has gained hands-on experience to strategize, plan, develop, and deliver training to provide a positive experience for End Users.
Snigdha Tayal is a Principal in the Learning Solutions Group, Talent & Organization Practice of Infosys Consulting with 20+ years of experience. She is PMP and PROSCI certified Change leader. She has vast experience as a Learning strategist and Change Leader and defined Change Management and Learning strategy for large banks, insurers, public services and retail giants. She is a Digital Adoption Platform Evangelist. She is passionate about making end-user adoption a success in large and complex programs that involve technology overhaul.