Infosys Limited, its subsidiaries and branch operations hereinafter referred as ‘Infosys’, ‘we’, ‘us’ or ‘our’ is committed to respect your privacy and choices. The statement highlights our privacy practices regarding Personal Information that we collect and store about you through this website and also for those Personal Information that you provide us while participating in our events and campaigns.
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND PROCESS AND HOW WE USE IT
A. Personal Information that we process
For the purposes of this privacy statement, ‘Personal Information’ is any data which relates to an individual who may be identified from that data, or from a combination of a set of data, and other information which is in possession of Infosys.
In general, you may browse our website without providing any Personal Information about yourself. However, we collect certain information such as
- Information that you provide via our website, including information you provide when you register on our website e.g. name, email address, designation, company, country and telephone number;
- Information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this Site, such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address, demographics, your computers’ operating system, and browser type and information collected via cookies
- For Blog site http://www.infosysconsultinginsights.com/blog/ – Mandatory Information such as Name, Email ID; Optional Information, such as Website details, Comments.
B. Use of your Personal Information
We use your Personal Information for the following purposes:
- to provide better usability, troubleshooting and site maintenance;
- to understand which parts of the website are visited and how frequently;
- to create your user ID;
- to identify you once you register on our website;
- to contact you and respond to your questions or requests; and
- to provide access to desirable content based on your preferences.
- to process job application and alumni related requests, more details about which are available on corresponding portals of this website.
- Access to post blogs and comments on http://www.infosysconsultinginsights.com/blog/
C. Legal basis of the processing
We process your Personal Information when it is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are the party or in order to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract. This applies in any case where we provide services to you pursuant to a contract, such as when you use our website or process your registration on the website. If you do not provide the Personal Information that we need in order to provide our services, we will not be able to provide our services to you. We process your Personal Information for the performance of a contract in the following circumstances:
- to provide better usability, troubleshooting and site maintenance; and
- to create your user ID.
We process your Personal Information when it is necessary for the purposes of a legitimate interest pursued by us or a third party (when these interests are not overridden by your data protection rights). This applies in the following circumstances:
- to identify you once you register on our website; and
- to contact you and respond to your questions or requests;
- to understand which parts of the website are visited and how frequently;
- to provide access to desirable content based on your preferences; and
- To entail you to post and share comments on the blog.
CONSEQUENCES OF NOT PROVIDING PERSONAL INFORMATION
If you choose not to provide your Personal Information that is mandatory to process your request, we may not be able to provide the corresponding service.
DATA RECIPIENTS, TRANSFER, AND DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Infosys does not share your Personal Information with third parties for marketing purposes without seeking your prior permission.
We share your Personal Information within
- Infosys or with any of its subsidiaries;
- Business partners;
- Service vendors;
- Authorized third-party agents; or
In general, Infosys Consulting, headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland and has its presence in the following European countries to whom we may share and disclose it to any of its group companies:
(1) Switzerland; (2) Germany; (3) France; (4) Belgium; (5) Netherlands; (6) Poland; (7) Portugal; (8) Romania; (9) Czech Republic; (10) Sweden; and (11) United Kingdom
Affiliates of Infosys Consulting is also located outside EU in Asia Pacific (Australia, China, Hong Kong, Singapore) and Americas (United States, Argentina, Brazil). Infosys Consulting and its affiliates are subsidiary of Infosys Limited, domiciled in Bangalore, India to whom we share and disclose your Personal Information, when required.
We transfer Personal Information to countries outside the EEA to third parties, including to countries which have different data protection standards to those which apply in the EEA. The locations of Infosys group company’s is set out here. Our service providers are primarily located in US, Singapore, India and UK. Where service providers process your Personal Information in countries deemed adequate by the European Commission, we rely on the European Commission’s decision to protect your Personal Information,
For transfers to Infosys group company’s and service providers outside the EEA, we use standard contractual clauses or rely on a service provider’s Privacy Shield certification or a service provider’s (EU data protection authority approved) corporate rules that are in place to protect your Personal Information. Please contact us as set out below if you would like to obtain a copy of the methods used. When required, Infosys discloses Personal Information to external law enforcement bodies or regulatory authorities, in order to comply with legal obligations.
ACCESS, CORRECTION, OBJECTION OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You have the right to access, correct, delete or transfer your Personal Information that we hold, including your profile and preferences. You also have the right to object to certain processing and, where we have asked for your consent to process your Personal Information, to withdraw this consent. Where we process your Personal Information because we have a legitimate interest in doing so (as explained above), you also have a right to object to this. These rights may be limited in some situations – for example, where we can demonstrate that we have a legal requirement to process your Personal Information.
You can assert your rights in the corresponding sections where such information was provided or by contacting us at email@example.com.
Infosys adopts reasonable and appropriate security practices and procedures including administrative, physical security, and technical controls in order to safeguard your Personal Information.
Personal Information will not be retained for a period more than necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this privacy statement, unless a longer retention period is required by law or for directly related legitimate business purposes.
TO CONNECT WITH YOU
We use your information provided on http://www.infosysconsultinginsights.com/blog/ to send you marketing communications, communicate with you about our Services and let you know about our policies and terms. We also use your information to respond to you when you contact us. When we connect with you, you will also have the option to either “Unsubscribe” or send a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org to delete your Personal Information.
Infosys provides links to third-party websites and services. However, Infosys is not responsible for the privacy statements, practices, or the contents of such third-party websites.
HOW TO CONTACT US
If you have any questions regarding our privacy practices or this privacy statement, please contact us at:
Contact person: Srinivas P
Contact address: Data Privacy Office, Infosys Limited, Electronics City, Hosur Road, Bangalore 560 100, India
Phone: +91 80 2852 0261
CONTACT YOUR LOCAL DATA PROTECTION AUTHORITY
If you are unhappy with how we safeguard your personal data, you have the right to bring a complaint to your local data protection authority.
UPDATES TO THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT
Infosys may change the data privacy practices and update this privacy statement as and when the need arises, and the same will be made available on the website. But our commitment to protect the privacy of website users will continue to remain.